Cold enough for you? If you’re in North America, chances are high you’re a little tired of winter at this point. Maybe my “First Friday Five” this month will help.
5) Snow shoe. If you don’t own a pair of snow shoes (and I didn’t until about two weeks ago), bundle up until you can’t move your arms and take a nature hike. Chances are a little sunshine and fresh air will do you good.
4) Bake something with cinnamon. Your home will smell warm and cozy. Snickerdoodles anyone? Or try this recipe from Fleishmann’s Yeast for a One Dish Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake (click for the link). It’s one of my favorites.
3) Do a puzzle. If you have a cat, you will enjoy a bonus game of hide and seek since the cat will need to sit in the middle of the puzzle before sneaking off with pieces adhered to paws.
2) Crank up the heat, play beach music and have a limbo contest in your living room. Bonus points for bare feet.
1) Read a book. If you’ve already read my book, Winter Fairy, then let yourself be transported to a tropical destination. I recommend Hawaii, the setting for Robyn Neeley’s Destination Wedding and Sarah Madison’s The Boys of Summer.
If you haven’t read Winter Fairy, February 2014 is a great time to pick up your copy. Winter Fairy by Lola Karns is one of many Crimson Romance titles on sale at Amazon for $1.99 all month long.