For my first Friday Five, I’m tackling gratitude, because this month, and this week in particular, I full of thankfulness. Here goes.
- I’m thankful birthday season is over and I do not have to deal with party invites and RSVPs until October rolls around in 2017.
- I’m thankful it’s boot season.
- I’m thankful for Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy and finally getting relief for the vertigo I’ve endured for the last 18 months.
- I’m thankful that I’ll have writing news to share in the near future. Newsletter subscribers will be the first to find out what it is.
- I’m thankful I got to see the Chicago Cubs win the World Series. I grew up following them and learned the mantra “Wait until next year.” Waiting through a lot of next years taught me lessons in patience and hope that apply to my writing career. I wait for the next book to take off and be the one that gets on the shelves in Target, or at least gets a high-profile review. In the meantime, I sure do appreciate all you loyal fans, er readers, who’ve stuck with me. Can I add a 6th? Because if so,
- I’m thankful for you.