February brings with it a pretty high pressure holiday, and I don’t mean Groundhog’s Day. As a kid, Valentine’s day is pretty easy and when you are in the first stages of love, you are so goo-goo eyed over everything your beloved does, Valentine’s Day is the stuff of dreams. But for the rest of us? It can be an anxiety-filled and potentially expensive moment of panic. Whether you are in a relationship or not, chances are there is someone in your life who you love. Here I offer five cheap ways to share the love.
- A foot massage, or a back massage. It feels great. If you are in a romantic relationship, do this without any expectation of where it will lead.
- Do your beloved’s least favorite chore, whether it’s scooping the litter box, shoveling snow or cooking dinner.http://imgur.com/gallery/i80G1KO
- Throw out that awful shirt your beloved hates. Better yet, gift it to them so they can throw it out.
- Take care of that little project your beloved nags you about. This year, I hope my kids clean the playroom. I intend to sort and deliver things in the towering stack of items to donate.
- Put down the electronics, look someone you love in the eye, open your mouth and say those three little words, “I love you.” Cheap and powerful.
With so much anger, hostility and frustration in the world, letting someone know you care is a powerful act of courage. Be brave and thank you for reading.